The Yahad of East Tennessee
2005 Westland Dr SW
Cleveland, TN 37311
Phone (423) 790-1651
The responsibilities of the leaders (mentioned below) are derived from the authority given in ordination. The fourfold ministry of Word, Sacrament, Order, and Service serves the local or greater Yahad in witness and service of Messiah’s love and justice.
Leaders are authorized to preach and teach the Word, to provide strong and true care and counsel, to administer the sacraments, and to order the life of the Yahad for service in mission and ministry as leaders, superintendents, worship leaders and bishops.
Word and Ecclesial Acts:
(1) To preach the Word of YHWH, lead in worship, read and teach the Scriptures, and engage the people in study and witness.
(a) To ensure faithful transmission of the Essene / Nazorean faith.
(b) To lead people in discipleship and evangelistic outreach that others might come to know Messiah and to follow him.
(2) To counsel persons with personal, ethical, and/or spiritual struggles.
(3) To perform the ecclesial acts of marriage and burial.
(a) To perform the marriage ceremony after due counsel with the parties involved and in accordance with the laws of the state and the rules of The Yahad of East Tennessee. The decision to perform the ceremony shall be the right and responsibility of the presiding bishop.
(b) To conduct funeral and memorial services, and provide care and grief counseling.
(4) To visit in the homes of The Yahad and the community, especially among the sick, aged, imprisoned, and others in need.
(5) To maintain all confidences inviolate, including confessional confidences except in the cases of suspected child abuse or neglect, or in cases where mandatory reporting is required by law.
(1) To administer the sacraments of Tevila (baptism) and the Todah Rabba (communion) according to Messiah’s ordinance and the rules of the Yahad of East Tennessee.
(a) To prepare the parents and sponsors before baptizing infants or children, and instruct them concerning the significance of baptism and their responsibilities for their training of the baptized child. (You are not required to execute any baptisms or pædobaptisms if your spirit is not right concerning them.)
(b) To encourage reaffirmation of the baptismal covenant and renewal of baptismal vows at different stages of life.
(c) To encourage people baptized in infancy or early childhood to make their profession of faith, after instruction, so that they might become professing members of the Yahad.
(d) To explain the meaning of the Todah Rabbah and to encourage regular participation as a means of favor to grow in spirituality, favor, confidence and holiness.
(e) To select and train Deacons and Elders to serve the consecrated communion elements.
(2) To encourage the private and congregational use of the other means of spirituality, sacrament or favor.
(1) To be the administrative officer of the local Yahad and to assure that the organizational concerns of the congregation are adequately provided for.
(a) To give leadership support, guidance, and training to the lay leadership, equipping them to fulfill the ministry to which they are called.
(b) To give oversight to the educational program of the Yahad and encourage the use of Yahad literature and media, or to create one’s own materials.
(c) To be responsible for organizational faithfulness, goal setting, planning and evaluation.
(d) To search out and counsel men and women for the ministry of deacons, elders, local leaders and other Yahad related ministries.
(2) To administer the temporal affairs of the Yahad.
(a) To administer the provisions of The Torah, and Yahad Rule insofar as it is codified.
(b) To give an account of their leadership ministries to the bishops requiring such reports and confessions.
(c) To provide leadership for the funding of their ministry and that of the general Yahad office.
(d) To model and promote faithful financial stewardship and to encourage giving as a spiritual discipline by teaching the biblical principles of giving.
(e) To lead the local Yahad in the fulfillment of its mission through full and faithful payment of ministerial support, administrative, and benevolent funds.
(f) To care for all Yahad records and local Yahad financial obligations, and to certify the accuracy of all financial, membership, and any other reports.
(3) To participate in Yahad programs and training opportunities.
(a) To seek out opportunities for cooperative ministries.
(b) To be willing to assume supervisory responsibilities within the growing organization.
(4) To lead The Yahad in racial, ethnic, economic and gender inclusiveness and with reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities
(1) To embody the teachings of Yahshua in servant ministries and servant leadership.
(2) To give diligent leadership in ordering the life of The Yahad for discipleship in the world.
(3) To build the body of Messiah as a caring and giving community, extending the ministry of Messiah to the world.
(4) To participate in community, ecumenical and inter-religious concerns.
(5) To encourage the people to become involved, and to pray, and to labor for the unity of the believing community.